GREETINGS

Return: July 21, 2011

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 17, 2010 - LaPlace, Louisiana

Hello everybody!
I love you all so much, and I want you to know that I am doing fine. Ha, I'm a little emotional, but I am fine. Ha, the joy's of transfers is keeping me somewhat distracted. It was hard to hear about Grandpa, but I do look forward to talking to you, even if it is under not the best of circumstances. I love you and hope that y'all are doing okay. I am glad that you did have fun at Lake Powell. It looks like it was a blast.
This week was a much better week. We had 5 investigators at church!!!!!!!! It was an amazing way to finish off the transfer. Hearing about grandpa was the hard part, but luckily transfers are this week. You know, it's interesting, Sister Jack was out about the same amount of time I was when her grandma died. Her Grandma was in her 60's and was just having some slight heart problems, so it was a big shock, but luckily I have 2 wonderful companions who are helping me a lot. :D
As you know, I am being transfered to LaPlace (Luh-Pl-awe-sss). I am really excited, I am serving with Sister Hill, and from what I know, she is an awesome missionary. Apparently a really hard worker...I think I need that. I am a little bit lazy. Especially in this heat! Did you know this is the hottest summer Louisiana has had in 35 years?! And the driest! But it is still humid. It is freakin' hot.
Kelli Stanley is basially awesome she came to church!!!!!! It got a little crazy in Relief Society, so I am scared we scared her off... It's going to be an interesting lesson when they see her again, unfortunately I won't be there for it.
I am sad to be leaving because I will miss some people, but I am very excited to leave because I am just sick of Oakdale. I am now going to a Ward in LaPlace, and it'll be weird to see youth passing the sacrament.
Speaking of the sacrament, did you ever notice that when the white cloth is placed over the bread and water it looks like it could be a body under there? I hadn't noticed that till last transfer, but it's very symbolic! It's like Christ's body in the tomb. Wow, symbolism is cool. I love when you notice new things in the gospel.
Well time is short this week, I'm sorry I didn't get to say much more, but I will write you a letter when I get a chance.
Love,
Sister Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment