GREETINGS

Return: July 21, 2011

Monday, November 29, 2010

November 29, 2010 - Covington, LA






Hi everyone!
Sounds like y'all had a wonderful week! Sounds like there was way too much food for Thanksgiving, and I am so glad I didn't have to eat any of it because it was probably way too good! But we still had some good food :) I'm glad y'all had fun, and it's crazy I'll be talkin' to you soon! Well, this is the last week that I will be writing you at the age of 21. Sad right? Ha, nah. It's weird. 22 sounds old to me still, but nope! It's not.
Anyway, to start out, let me say how awesome of a preparation day we had last week! It was SO much fun! We went to Fontaine Bleu Stake Park with the Elders, and oh my lanta! So much fun! We ended up taking some Christmas photo's, and we played volleyball on the beach! It was a small beach, but so fun! Lake Pontchatrain is so beautiful. It was like going to the ocean. I think there might of been some sand fleas or something, because I got a couple bites from these tiny bugs, but it was totally worth it. Ha, I'll send you some pictures. But it was a blast. After that, we went to the Parenti's (a part-member/less-active family) and we met their Uncle Brian who is living with them. Now, you think that being from Utah that he would be Mormon, well nope! He's not, but he has been lookin' to be one. He just wants to be able to come to church regularly before he joins! Ha, ha! Go figure. So we have started teaching him, and he did not make it to church this week, but! We have started teaching him. We are going to help him see how going to church can make a difference in his life. So I'll let you know how that goes. :)
Tuesday was CRAZY! We had District Meeting with our Zone Leaders and it was awesome. We instructed actually on how nightly planning is important, and we recieved a lot of revelation on how we should do it while we were instructing, so it was neat! After that we went to teach Ryan and Beth, and we had a really good lesson and they were excited about reading, the spirit was strong, at it was great. We then went to Sedonia's and we taught about prayer. The Zone Leaders came to our lesson with her, and I have to say that I am VERY glad that I am not an Elder. I would hate to go on splits with them all the time! Ha, it's intimidating. Not that it should be, but it is. We then had an amazing visit with some members (the Ory's) and got some really good referals from them. We are still working on contacting all of them, but I'm really excited. Members are seriously the best way to do missionary work. Serious. After them we had a lesson with Janet Eshete and oh my goodness I love her! She is going through some things and is just struggling. We were planning to teach her the first of her new member lessons, and we felt prompted to talk about patriarchal blessings. Hopefully she will be there this upcoming Sunday so she can talk to bishop about getting hers, but it was a REALLY good lesson. Plus, she gave me ice cream. Can't beat that. Ha, I really do love her though, and the lesson we had was really powerful. :)
On Wednesday we went tracting just on the street over from our apartment and met some REALLY cool people. We got some new investigators, and we also met a really neat man named Tab. He is from India. He is Muslim and was able to tell us about his religion. It is really interesting how some things are so similar. It was funny though, as we were talking we learned that he is not practicing his religion. But we are going back sometime, and I'm super stoked.
Later that day, we kidnapped one of our members and she came out with us for 6 HOURS. Yeah...it was REALLY good for us, but I hope she didn't feel too crazy about it. We ended up having dinner with he sister and brother-in-law, so that wasn't too much I hope... ha, but it was fun!
So Thanksgiving was a little bit rough. We had dinner...well lunch, with the Ruberts, and then we planned all day. But the actual Thanksgiving meal was pretty good. It wasn't your cooking mom, but it was still good.
On Friday I was sick a good portion of the day. We were only out and about from about 10-12 and 3-8. But woooeeee! I was sick. I'm doing better now. I don't know what I was sick from, but all I know is that I did not like it.
Saturday was AMAZING! We were able to go to the temple and do a session. One of our members came with us. Sister Nancy Granier. She is from Idaho and has only been here about 2 years, and she is just cute and funny. I love the temple. Can I just say that? It is just so peaceful and wonderful. It was fun though, all the Sister Missionaries serving in the New Orleans Stake were there. There were 8 Sister Missionaries! SO FUN to see everyone!!!!!!!! Ha, anyway, after that Sister Granier took us to Logan's Roadhouse for a nice juicy steak. I really wanted a rib eye but I know they are super expensive. So we all got the 6 oz. Sirloin Steak, and oh my goodness... I love it. Ha it was just like a rib eye. Super tender, full of flavor, and just heavenly. I have wanted a steak for a while, and it was nice to have one. So the funniest part about our little temple trip is how on our way back from the temple, Sister Granier was heading down the Interstate, and as we are going, I start seeing signs for Gramercy (Gramercy was in my area in La Place). I say "Sister Granier, is this how we get back?" She says "Yes! We'll cross over soon"...Soon I was seeing signs for La Place. I was really confused. La Place is near the bottom of Lake Pontchatrain, and Covington at the top. We see the signs for La Place and it finally hit her. We were on the wrong interstate. Ha, it was hillarious. We ended up taking about an hour long scenic route and it was really fun. I love Sister Granier and she is just the best!
But yeah. Sorry that this is basically a complete rundown of the week, but that's all I really have to say. I love you so much! Thanks for all you do! You are marvelous. Simply marvelous! I love you family. I miss you. And I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner! You're the best!
Love,
Sister Stacy Jo Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment