GREETINGS

Return: July 21, 2011

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010 - Last letter from Houma!

Hello everyone!
So you were all wrong. You said that I wasn't getting transfered? Well I am. Ha, we got the call and Sister Schulz is staying. After this transfer she will have been in Houma for 7 and a 1/2 months! Insane. I am going to Oakdale. Much more north. And my address for Oakdale is:

408 East 6th Avenue
Oakdale, LA 71463

The mission home address is:
12025 Justice Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

So what is going on with me this week? Well oh! We went to the temple on Saturday with Sister Worthey. Oh she is so fun. We went from Houma, to Baton Rouge, down to 3 or so miles from Cocodrie, then over to Dulac and down four points road. Basically we went to the bottom of Louisiana. As far as you can go in a car. Sister Worthey has a Camero and it is very fun to be in! She is a fun lady. We see her almost every day and I am sad to be leaving. Oh! Mom, Sister Worthey bought me a crap load of gluten free food from whole foods. It was crazy! She bought me...gluten free pizza crusts, cornbread, pasta, flour, frozen dinners, and more stuff! She and Sister Begeron made me gluten free food. Sister Worthey made triple chocolate fudge mint cookies (oh so good), and sister begeron made me her world famous banana bread. I am sad to be leaving! Just when they were getting the hang of me not eating gluten I am getting transfered! Oh well, there are people in Oakdale that need me, and I will just have to explain my allergy to them as well, ha!

But I will attach some of the pictures from that day. Oh it was so fun!
We had an amazing lesson with a man named Eric Defelice on Friday night. The Voisin's came, and it is amazing how much of a difference it can make when you have a member come to lessons with you. Mom, Dad, even anyone else! If missionaries need help with members coming, you should go.
Oh ha, we have kind of created this tradition that we go to lunch on Thursdays at the Marine Museum here. Sister Schulz and I went into Walmart to get some allergy medicine (my allergies aren't horrible, but a cheap brand has been working wonderful, but if I need more I will let you know) and this funny, cute old man came up to us and started asking us if we carried this certain brand of allergy medicine. We kept trying to find it, but Walmart didn't even carry it, it was a Sam's Club brand, until he finally said "You don't work here do you?" And we said "No! We are missionaries!" Ha, he just started laughing and we were talking for a while and he invited us to come to the museum on Thursday for Dinner (for some reason, in the south dinner is lunch and supper is dinner...weird). So we showed up 2 weeks ago for the first time, and he was shocked that we actually showed up and was delighted when we came. We eat lunch with the funniest bunch of old people you'll ever meet. They just jibber jabber and tell funny stories and bash on each other (in a funny good way). Tomorrow they are actually getting President Eisenhowers small Air Force One plane to go into their museum. They are pretty excited about it. They are so wonderful, I better be able to come back to Houma! Ha, that is all I have to say.
Shontell's grandpa died on Monday (her daughter and Mom's birthday). She's been taking it really hard and we haven't really had the chance to teach her and roy since he's been home. We are going to try tonight before I leave, but we'll see what happens. I really hope they let us teach them.
I don't know, we've been having an awesome week. We have tracted like crazy, and had so many people use the excuse... "Oh, I'm Catholic." Oh come on, that is not an excuse! That is a declaration. So what, I am a Latter-Day Saint! We both worship Jesus Christ, can't you just let us in and listen to our message? It's up to you wether or not you want to accept it, but just listen to us. Ha, sorry I am ranting. Tracting is fun but difficult sometimes. But we have found some amazing people who have so many questions that we are just dying to answer. Ah, it's amazing.
Anyway, I love you all. And I hope that all is well at home. The church is true and I love you. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that we have a Prophet today. I have had so many people tell me stuff about prophets that sometimes I think it would make me question my faith in that, but it hasn't. I KNOW that there is a Prophet today and his name is Thomas S. Monson. He is truly a man called of God. He isn't perfect by any means, and neither are any of us, but he is called of God and if people want to try and sway me another way, they can try, but it will not change how strongly I believe that he was called to lead and guide the children of God today. There were prophets in the past who testified of Christ and that he would come, and there is a Prophet today who testifies of Christ and that he WILL come. Christ will come again, and I can't wait for the day that I can kneel at his feet, hug him and thank him for what he has done.
I love you all so very much. Thank you for your love and support.
Love,
Sister Stacy Jo Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment