GREETINGS

Return: July 21, 2011

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 5, 2010 - Houma, Louisiana

Dear family and friends:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER DEAREST!!! I hope you got my card. I just got your package this morning and I just love music, I love you, and I love candy even though I am so sick of it. Some how I manage to keep on eating it.

I can't believe that it is snowing there. It is nice here. Getting more and more humid, and my mosquito bites are getting bigger and staying longer. Quite annoying. I just need to figure it out, maybe it's from all of the candy I've been eating. I should eat more healthy, more B Vitamins.

Conference was amazing. I don't know if you noticed, but they talked a lot about raising your children righteously, family, and not judging people. Wow it was crazy. So I just want to say, thank you for raising me to know who I am, I know I'm a daughter of God, and I know why we are here, I know that Christ died for me, and I know that Joseph Smith was the first prophet of this last dispensation. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet for our day, sent to help us get back on the strait and narrow. Have you ever noticed it's the strait and narrow not straight and narrow? It's cool. Anyway, thank you for raising me to know those things. I had to gain that knowledge for my self, but I am eternally grateful and indebted to you for raising me to know these things. I love you Mom and Dad. I hope your talks go well. Ooo! Something you could talk about with Covenants, compare them to a contract. Contracts are between you and someone else/law/or whatever. They are temporal and will always end. Covenants are between you and the Lord (and your spouse for a marriage covenant), and they are eternal, never ending, never to be broken. You are amazing people and parents. Anyone can see that. Mom, I am glad you didn't die from the possibility of that baby rattler eating you alive.

Easter looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the pictures. I love that Jeff and Andy wore the same shirt. Again, thank you so much for the Easter Package, I love it! Oh by the way, Sister Schulz and I just love Todd's mustache, especially where it turns up on the end.

Anyway, to the work! It is going really well. Roy and Shontell are still our only progressing investigators, but Shontell is actually commited to a date now! May 22! We figured that was a day that she and Roy could be baptized. He has to come to church 2 times before he can be baptized, so it won't be until May 22. We are going to commit Roy this weekend when he gets home. It's actually Yvonne's (their daughter) birthday today too! We are going to go get her something small and cute. Hopefully she'll like it.

Um, Bobbie and Neal are also awesome. They had a neighbor that was mormon, but she just moved to Texas. She had a really good impression on them and we have taught them 2 first lessons. The second time we went over there he was a little drunk, but he still understood everything that was going on and we have commited him to do some things. Hopefully they will keep their commitments! They are funny people and can talk for hours.

Keith and Liz Bankston. Liz actually is an inactive member from PG, and her husband, well we haven't been able to teach him this week, but we are trying to find out if he is keeping his commitments.

And Eric Delfelice, we met him knocking doors, and wow. He has just gotten over cancer, he's catholic and we got him thinking a lot and he's been reading the Book of Mormon a little. We are going to visit him Wednesday and hope that will be really good.

There are so many more wonderful people that we have met, but there just isn't much to say about them right now. Just know that I love you all and hope that you are doing well. I wish that people I have written would write me back sometime soon, but I might be transfered next week, so I don't know if I will be! I'll know next Monday night. If I am, I will write you on Tuesday Mom and let you know.

Hope all is well!

Love,
Sister Stacy Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment