GREETINGS

Return: July 21, 2011

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6, 2010 - Oakdale, Louisiana

Hello everyone!!!!

Well, transfer calls came and went and I am staying in Oakdale once again! But, we are getting a new addition to Sister Jack and I, it is Sister Holmes!!!!!!!!! Ha, we are very excited. We are going to be in a 3-some companionship! Sister Jack trained her, and I came out with her, so that will be way fun. Sister Holmes was also just with Sister Thomas for a transfer, so that will be fun. I hope y'all had a fun fourth of July and I will try to send some pictures soon. Sister Jack and I haven't been taking many, so we'll see! Oh, and zone conferences are moved to every other transfer now, so we won't be having zone conference or interviews until august. There is also a chance that I could be transfered in 3 weeks, because we are getting temple square Sister on July 23rd. So we have 3 sisters here in Oakdale, and one of us will probably leave to even things out. Just so you know, there is a chance, but who knows!

Mom, I did get the recipe in time for Sister Vances cake. I think they liked it. I actually used the recipe for myself so I could make a gluten free cake, and then we bought a cake mix, poured sweetened condensed milk mixed with milk over it and put whip cream on top of it and made a flag! It was pretty good. It was like a tres leches flag cake. Mmmmmmmm.... Your potato salad sounds really good!

Yeah, um that tropical storm that blew through has been getting us wet, in fact it is raining right now and causing the internet to be on the fritz. So hopefully I get this sent! But yeah, we ended up tracting in Pine Praire for a couple hours the day the Hurricane made landfall in Texas, and man we were getting wet in the rain! Ha, the bottom of my skirt and my shoes were sopping wet!!! But my awesome umbrella kept the top of my body pretty dry! I love that umbrella! Oh and tell Grandpa that I love him very much and I hope he gets his strength back. It does sound like you had a very fun fourth of July, tell everyone hello and that I love them. By Eclipse, do you mean the 3rd Twilight movie? Ha, that's funny it's already out!
Anyway, about this week....On Tuesday we had an amazing lesson with a woman named Anglea. The Spirit was strong and she actually commited to prepare to be baptized on July 24th! But, we haven't been able to see her since then. I think she is avoiding us... it's really sad. We were also able to meet a member named Sister Paul. When we go to her house, we can't sing a song, we can't pray, and we can't read the scriptures. Her husband doesn't like it. He will get offended if we do. It's kind of sad. But they did give us food and that was pretty much awesome. So we'll probably go back every once and a while.

On Tuesday, we also did some knocking in Glenmora. We came across a woman named Tawnya and we weren't able to get to teach her anything because her sisters Dottie and Jessica came over. So we ended up leaving. On Wednesday we decided to do some more knocking in Oakdale, and we weren't having much luck, so we were getting ready to go home and eat lunch and we saw a woman sitting outside. We both thought at the same time "Ug, I'm hungry, should we go talk to her?" And then we both made the decision to overcome our hunger and go and talk to her. As we got closer, we realized that it was Dottie, Tawnya's sister! Dun, dun, dun! MIRACLE!!!! We started talking with her, and she invited us in, and we taught her about the Restoration. It was an awesome lesson and she has 2 adorable children named Maddie and Landon, and she is also 6 months pregnant. She is a sweet lady and we'll get to talk with her more later this week.

Wednesday we also had an wonderful lesson with Tamara. Tamara is a woman who is kind of hyperactive, and talks a lot. But she is very sweet. She has a funny little girl named Taija and is 3 months pregnant. Tamara has been through a lot, and I just want her to understand the gospel and how it can help her overcome the trauma that she has been through! She still has nightmares about it, and I know that as she turns to Jesus Christ and uses the Atonement in her life it will change her life. She can feel so much peace! I love the Atonement. There is a quote in Preach My Gospel that says "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." It's so true! Christ felt EVERYTHING that we have ever felt! He felt these things so we wouldn't ever have to go through our trials alone. If no one else understands what we are going through, HE DOES! Isn't that just a marvelous thing to know? I sure as heck think so!

We were also able to teach Myka on Friday. Ug. I feel like we are in an eternal round with Myka. She wants to be baptized, but she can't make it to church because of gas money and for other reasons. I really, really, really, really wish we could counsel people on what they could/should do. Myka is married to a guy in prison, but right now she is engaged to a man 2 x's her age, she loves him when he doesn't drink, and she tells us that he drinks a lot. It's sad. She wants to get out of the situation for her child, but she doesn't have anywhere to go. It's sad. Please pray for her! Ug, she needs to know what to do. I love her so much and she is so sweet, but she needs to understand...

Saturday we had an amazing experience! We went over to see how the Darbonnes were doing, and Gina, Elizabeths best friend who gave us death stares, told us she had some questions. She told us how she told Elizabeth how she shouldn't let us into her home, and that she was sorry she jumped to conclusions and wanted to ask the source. So that was a miracle! We are going to try and meet with her this week.

Sunday we had an amazing lesson with Brother Veazey's sister Beverly. Her husband is Wayne, and her daughter is Zandi. Zandi is a member. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation, and it was awesome. They asked a lot of thought provoking questions, and it was a wonderful lesson. The Spirit was strong, and we commited Beverly for baptism! Wayne is thinking about it.

Anyway, we had an awesome week, and it was wonderful!
Family, I love you all and hope you are doing well. Love you!

Love,

Sister Stacy Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment