GREETINGS

Return: July 21, 2011

Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010 - Lafayette, LA


Hola mi family!
Ha, I hope you enjoyed my spanish to english switch! I also loved talking to you, and it sounds like you are going to have a fun, busy week ahead of you! Can you believe the next time I email you it will be 2011!?!! I sure can't. That's uber weird. Ha, ha. But yes mom, I did love the stocking too. I loved all the gifts! I love the hat. I have worn it the last 2 days...not today though, it didn't go with my outfit. :D Ha, but yes thank you so much for everything! I am so happy I have the best family ever! For reals though. Sister Aka thought y'all were funny and awesome. She is a really good companion so far and I am really excited to serve with her. Well, it looks like Christmas was super fun! Oh mom, you asked if there was anything else I will need. I would LOVE some thick tights...I never thought I'd say that, but it is cold, and when that wind blows up your skirt, WHOOOOEEEEE!!!! It was freakin' cold! We walked to church yesterday and it was 2 miles, 38 degrees, and the wind was blowing with the humidity. So that would be nice. I am sorry, but I don't have a lot of time to email today it's been a crazy day. So I am going to write you a little bit about the week, and I'm sorry if this is not as long as my other ones, but next week will be better. I mean, I did just talk to you ha, ha!
Well, Wednesday was transfer day, and I started the long journey on the transfer van at 8:15 and got to Lafayette about...um...maybe 1:30 or 2 o'clock. Ha, it was fun. I got to see Elder Andersen, and can I just tell you about that the random oil filter Todd sent me in the MTC? Well...we have been mailing it around our MTC district, and we have to take a picture with it somewhere fun. I just got it, and I am the last one to get it. It is really fun. I just have to figure out who to send it to! Ha, ha! So I got that on Friday. Anyway, after transfers, we got back here, and tried to go out and meet people. I still haven't met a lot of our investigators and the members here. Christmas made that a little complicated. So I still don't know who half of the ward is. All I know is that we are trying to get everyone involved with the work that is going on here. The members are really amazing though from what I hear.
Our ward mission leaders name is Brother Ken Ferrell, and he is pretty awesome. His children and grand children were all in from Utah, and oh my lanta I love his grand daughters...we are going to be friends after my mission. They live in Spanish Fork, and they might know some of the Lesa's relatives! I don't know. But they are fun. Christmas was really good. We went to the Fierman's (where we called families :D), then we went to Brother Ferrell's, and then we went and sang some carol's to some of the other members. It was really fun. We also volunteered at the soup kitchen here, and it was fun. Channel 3 came and filmed us! We were all singing Christmas carols in the background, while we served, and they came and were filming us and interviewed some of the other volunteers. So we were probably on the news! Ha, cool.
Well... I'm sorry that I don't have a whole lot to say in this email. But I love y'all very much, and I REALLY love the necklace that you sent. Thank you so much for being a wonderful family, and I love you! I know the church is true, that this work is AWESOME, and that I am excited to get things movin' here in Lafayette!
Love you!
Sister Stacy Jo Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment